Stand Together is a peer-to-peer initiative that inspires and equips youth to take action against stigma associated with mental illness and substance use disorders. Allegheny County’s Office of Behavioral Health is engaging area middle and high school students throughout Allegheny County by providing anti-stigma training and service learning experiences. Students work to ‘stand together’ to increase education and awareness, increase social inclusion, and encourage adolescents to talk to an adult if they are concerned about their own or another student’s mental health.
Check out the 2016-2017 school projects on our YouTube channel!
Brentwood MS students 'Cross the Line' & have so many more similarities than they thou
Lacey shares her story with Brentwood HS students
Linton students were eager to learn and ask questions
Propel HS students come together through difficult emotions
Propel MS 'Knows the Five' 'warning signs' of mental health concerns :)
Shaler HS has A LOT of things they 'want their peers to know...'
Mr. Mike helps with Project Planning at SciTech
Arsenal learns Mental Illness is Common, even 1:4!
Carlynton HS might have had *too* much fun playing Stop the Stigma BINGO
The Academy in a 'Great Debate'
West Allegheny finds 'Common Ground'
Allderdice: Students & Staff working together!
WMHS: Selfies w/Strangers!
WMMS having some fun :)
SVMS researching for projects
ECS won t-shirts for knowing their stuff
- Participating Schools-Click on the schools to learn more!
- the Academy Charter School
- Allderdice High School (PPS)
- Arsenal Middle School (PPS)
- Brentwood High School
- Brentwood Middle School
- Carlynton High School
- Environmental Charter School
- Linton Middle School (Penn Hills)
- Propel Braddock Hills High School
- Propel Braddock Hills Middle School
- Science & Technology Academy (PPS)
- Shaler Area High School
- Steel Valley Middle School
- West Allegheny High School
- West Mifflin Area High School
- West Mifflin Area Middle School
Recent Blog Posts
Interested? Contact Danyelle Hooks, Project Coordinator:
email@example.com or (412)350-3455.