One out of five youth have a mental illness or substance use disorder. Stigma and discrimination can have a devastating effect on them. They are our friends, family, fellow students, co-workers, and neighbors. The good news is people can and do recover from mental illness and substance use disorders and lead satisfying productive lives. If you are living with a mental illness, know someone who is, or just want to help, take our pledge to help end stigma.
Our School pledges to create a safe and welcoming environment for students and parents who have behavioral health challenges.
• I commit myself to ending stigma towards youth or adults who have a mental illness or substance use disorder by educating myself and others about these disorders.
• I will not ridicule those with a mental illnesses or substance use disorder.
• I will not use stigmatizing language like “psycho”, “mental”, “schizo” to refer to anyone whether that person has an illness or not.
• If someone tells me they are having suicidal thoughts, I will take this seriously and make sure they get the help they need.
• I realize that a mental illness or a substance use disorder is only a PART of who the person is, but it doesn’t completely define him/her. I will not judge people by their diagnosis but by who they are as a whole person.
• I know that caring friends can make all the difference in a person’s recovery, so I pledge to support others who have or develop a disorder such as anxiety or depression.
Please sign our pledge!
These are the 2670 people who have signed our pledge…
|Taz Turner||Pittsburgh||PA||Linton MS|
|Dylan Schellman||Homestead||PA||Steel valley middle school|
|Rheagan Smith||Pittsburgh||PA||Oakland Catholic|
|Katherine Anthony||Pittsburgh||PA||Oakland Catholic High School|
|Cerra Catania||Pittsburgh||PA||Oakland Catholic|
|Julia Vitalie||Pittsburgh||PA||Oakland Catholic|
|Ella Cuccaro||Pittsburgh||PA||Oakland Catholic|
|Hannah Rizk||Pgh||PA||Oakland Catholic|
|Bethany Stolar||Pittsburgh||PA||Pittsburgh CAPA 6-12|
|Kieren Konig||Pittsburgh||PA||Pittsburgh CAPA 6-12|
|Samantha Walker||Allison, Park||PA||Shaler Area Middle School|
|Tessella Bursick||Pittsburgh||PA||Shaler Area Middle School|
|bri simard||Allison Park||PA||Shaler MS|
|Sydney Scheidlmeier||Pittsburgh||PA||Pittsburgh Science and Technology Academy|
|Dylan Quigley||Pittsburgh||PA||Shaler Area|
|Sean Lee||Pittsburgh||PA||Shaler Area Highschool|
|Ella Mizera||Glenshaw||PA||Shaler Area HS|
|Nick Truong||Pittsburgh||PA||Shaler Area High School|
|Hope Wiggins||Pittsburgh||PA||Shaler Area High School|
|Alana Steinmetz||Millvale||PA||Shaler Area High School|
|Campbell McCann||Pittsburgh||PA||Avonworth High School|
|Sierra Smiley||Wexford||PA||North Allegheny Senior High School|
|Na\’rayah||Clairton City||Pleasant Hills Middle School|
|Samantha Smith||Homeville||West Mifflin Area High School|
|Caroline M||Whitaker||PA||West Mifflin Area High School|
|Monica||Port Vue||PA||Founders Hall/mckeesport|
|Janiyah F||Clairton||PA||Thomas Jefferson High School|
|Sam P||New Homestead||PA||West Mifflin|
|Haley Gerkin||Dravosburg||PA||West Mifflin|
|Paige Bayton||West Mifflin||West Mifflin Area High School|
|Iyauna Little||Duquesne||PA||West Mifflin|
|Anthony Ferrier||Glassport||South Allegheny|
|Ethan Russell||Port vue||PA||South Allegheny|
|Suha Joe||McKeesport||PA||South Allegheny MS|
|Crystal Cappello||McKeesport||PA||South Allegheny|
|Alton Collazo||Port Vue||South Allegheny Middle School|
|Nathan Kulka||Mcessport||PA||South Allegheny|
|Kassidie Pape||Glassport||PA||South Allegheny middle school and high school|
|Kaevon Washington||Pittsburgh||PA||South Allegheny Middle School|
|Treasure Ekunfeo||Glassport||PA||South Allegheny|
|Page: 1 of 54|